We had an appointment yesterday with Whitney's surgeon and after looking at the x-ray saw that the brace is not giving enough support to hold the femur in the correct location. She has suggested that we now place her in a body cast for a period of six weeks and then reevaluate for a possible additional six weeks.
This has been very disappointing news for us to hear as we were hoping that this brace and surgery would be effective. We are concerned with the breakdown of her skin under the cast, her loss of muscle tone, and her developmental progress. There is a less than fifty percent chance that this cast will work and it is hard to know what decisions to make for our dear Whitney. If the cast would work this would be very beneficial to her in the long run for walking and to hopefully avoid scoliosis (curvature of the spine).
Please pray for us as we make this decision as we strongly desire to make the right choice for the well being of Whitney and need God's wisdom. It is comforting to know that our God is a God of all knowledge and He will sustain us. We are open all and any encouragement today. (: Thank you once again for caring for us and Whitney, we covet your prayers.